How are you doing so far this New Year?
I hope that life is running smoothly and that you're finding time for yourself to rest so you feel motivated to hit the ground running with all your resolutions, words, and goals.
Our family has been ill for about a month with Mycoplasma Infection which brought us the lovely gift of acute bronchitis. I think we're on the mend now, despite feeling quite tired a lot.
In a way though, being sick has helped remind me to slow down and take some me time-outs. I'm not usually very good at those, but I try.
Maybe it was serendipitous finding my 2.5 words for 2013, ignite and glow, while sick and forced to take it easy. This year, I plan to ignite and grow some major self-confidence and self -love, which means taking more time for myself and really setting solid, workable - yet flexible - goals.
Between my naps, this resting-up time has let me make a list of how I plan to ignite and glow this year.
The run down:
- Read lots of books on self-care related issues (I downloaded about a year's worth of ebooks while in Thailand over the holidays, despite my love of hold-in-your-hands-real books. Just can't get all the books I'd want while living in Myanmar.)
- Take some e-courses on writing and on creativity; perhaps even some on business stuff!
- Write a lot.
- Start submitting work to agents, publishers, literary magazines, etc. depending on the genre.
- Write 2-4 poems a month.
- Finish a couple draft children's picture books.
- Get regular freelance writing gigs.
- Practice daily self-care.
- Continue with the Inspiration Interview series. If you haven't seen the last one, you're missing out! Learn more about the inspirational Martina Clark who quit her day job for her soul job.
- Be proud + celebrate my accomplishments.
I've already got the ball rolling on a few things:
- Completed (by this evening, I think) a poem
- Read one book and am reading four others concurrently (The Narcissistic Family, The Gifts of Imperfection, The Highly Sensitive Child, and Madly in Love with Me)
- Signed-up for two e-courses: Laurie Wagner's Telling True Stories (already started) and Stephanie Levy's Creative Courage
- Created a Pinterest board for my words of the year, Ignite and Glow
What are some of the things that you are doing to show self-care as you head into 2013?