Our kids need resources, too, when moving overseas. Below are a list of many books FOR kids.
While some of the resources cover coping with a move, others provide general kid-friendly info about Myanmar.
Because you don't already have enough on your plate (ha!), there's a section for teaching kids about diversity, too.
Planning to move to Yangon? Check-out this page over here to learn about the eBook, "Moving to Myanmar."
Sign-up for my newsletter and get free, beautiful Expat Manifestos - even for the kids!
Each title is a link to Amazon.
Kids' Books for Coping with the International Move (aimed at the younger kids):
- Sammy's Next Move: Sammy the snail is a traveling snail who lives in different countries, by Helen Maffini
- Moving With Kids: 25 Ways to Ease Your Family's Transition to a New Home, by Lori Collins Burgan
- Saying Goody-bye, Saying Hello...: When Your Family is Moving, by Michaelene Mundy
- The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day, by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- When I Miss You (The Way I Feel Book), by Cornelia Maude Spelman
- The Mission of Detective Mike: Moving Abroad - a story to help expat children understand the relocation process, by Simone T. Costa Eriksson and Ana Serra
- The Kids' Guide to Living Abroad, by Martine Zoer and Michelle Christensen
Teenagers' Books for Coping with the International Move:
- Expat Teens Talk: Peers, Parents and Professionals offer support, advice and solutions, by Lisa Pittman and Diana Smitt
Kids' Resources on Myanmar and SE Asia:
Looking for Myanmar specific information?
Sign-up to learn more about my eBook which is chock-a-block full of these resources that you won't find anywhere else.
- M is for Myanmar, by Elizabeth Rush and Khin Maung Myint
- B is for Bangkok, by Janet Brown (because if you move to Myanmar, you will visit Bangkok a lot)
Kids' Resources on Diversity:
- A School Like Mine, DK Publishing
- A Life Like Mine: How Children Live Around the World, by DK Publishing
- A Child's Introduction to the World: Geography, Cultures, and People, by Heather Alexander